Friday, May 23, 2008

First Official Food Entry

Please pardon my dust as I set things up here. I've never put a photo into a blog entry before, so I'm just trying out some things here.

This was the mise (somewhat incomplete, however, you'll notice the lack of rosemary and thyme as well as the chicken broth -- I had just received a new camera for mother's day, and I was anxious to try it out and use the "culinary" photo setting) for the Braised Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic from Fine Cooking Magazine I wish I had a picture of the final result. Here, however is what the chicken looked like before I covered the Dutch Oven and placed it in the oven.



Oh, you should have smelled it when I took it out of the oven to serve. The garlic, rosemary and thyme lent the most perfect aroma to the kitchen. I served it all with mashed potatoes and also toasted up some baguette slices for the slathering of all that roasted garlic.

The leftovers have made mouth-watering sandwichs for lunch. A toasted French roll slathered with roasted garlic and topped with the reheated chicken breast. I also placed some sliced Muenster cheese on top, nuked it to melt (I would have preferred to put back in the toaster oven here at work, but it is agreed that the toaster oven will maintain kosher standards out of respect for H. (so no non-kosher meat inside of it). The sandwich was absolutely delicious; I only wish I had some nice arugula to put on it as well.

I had every intention of making the Crescent Rolls with Chocolate last night. I grabbed the camera, started setting up the mise, and then discovered my hubby used all the eggs and forgot to tell me to buy more. So, I promise -- they will be made this weekend, come hell or high water.

Since this is the holiday weekend, I plan on taking photos of the weekend doings and will get back sometime next week.

Enjoy the holiday everyone!

Pin It!

No comments: